- Vantiva is announcing its commitment to the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) Business Ambition for 1.5°C including the Net-Zero Standard
- The company will take actions to help keep global warming below 1.5°C via near term targets for 2025 and 2030 and net-zero target by 2050
- Technicolor is the only company in the connected home industry to sign on additionally to the 2050 Net-Zero Standard
- These are important milestones for the company in taking steps towards corporate decarbonization
- Technicolor has received the Platinum Medal for its commitment to corporate social responsibility from sustainability assessment leader EcoVadis in 2021
Paris, March 10, 2022 – Vantiva is announcing its commitment to the Science Based Targets initiative’s (SBTi) Net-Zero Standard and the Business Ambition for 1.5°, in order to reduce business emissions.
The Science Based Targets initiative is a global body enabling businesses to set ambitious emissions reductions targets in line with the latest climate science. The goal is for companies across the world to halve near-term emissions before 2030 and to achieve net-zero emissions before 2050.
Vantiva recognises the current global climate situation, and has decided to play its part by committing to taking action in both the near term and the long term. The company is therefore setting emission reduction targets and a roadmap for reaching them.
Our former CEO Richard Moat said: “By signing this commitment, we not only recognise but are also acting upon the crucial role we as a business play in protecting the future of our planet. This is why we are aligning with the most ambitious aim to reach net-zero global emissions by 2050.”
“As a VFX and Connected Home leader with operations spanning 20 countries, we recognize our global influence and responsibility to inspire environmental change, and therefore Technicolor is fully committed to acting sustainably in accordance with the Net-Zero Standard.”
Last year, Vantiva was awarded the Platinum Medal in Highest Recognition for Sustainability Leadership by EcoVadis, placing it in the top 1% of companies of its industry.
VP of Marketing