VANTIVA addresses market demand for innovative offerings in enhanced video, gaming and entertainment experiences and provides analytical and remote support solutions for the NSP community
LAS VEGAS — January 4, 2023 — VANTIVA (formerly known as Technicolor) returns to CES to demonstrate the latest innovations in connected home technologies for broadband access, in-home wireless connectivity and enhanced video entertainment experiences.
“As consumers seek new connected home entertainment and experiences in the context of an uncertain economic outlook, network service providers (NSPs) are implementing new customer premises equipment (CPE) strategies to address these new requirements in a technically efficient and cost-effective manner,” said Luis Martinez-Amago, Chief Executive Officer of VANTIVA. “VANTIVA will be demonstrating a broad array of solutions around new innovations — including Wi-Fi 7, 5G fixed wireless access (FWA), connected fitness and a hybrid set-top box/soundbar — that can be harnessed to meet the evolving needs of the connected home market. VANTIVA is also placing an emphasis on eco-innovation by optimizing the entire CPE lifecycle — from design and development to production and deployment, as well as end-of-life management — to support the long-term sustainability objectives of NSPs.”
To this end, VANTIVA experts and executives will be on hand during the conference to showcase connected home technologies and applications embedded in the latest broadband and video CPEs. Applications and products that will be demonstrated during CES include:
- Carrier Grade Wi-Fi 7 Gateway — VANTIVA unveiled the first fully operational gateway embedded with Wi-Fi 7 in the fall of 2022. During CES 2023, VANTIVA will demonstrate the delivery of robust Wi–Fi 7 connectivity and the critical elements that must be in place for carrier-grade gateways, including: next-generation housing, mechanical design, antennas, components, software and thermal management. Scenarios on display for Wi-Fi 7 connectivity will include examples of the improved power, efficiency and reliability of multi-link operations (MLO) and 4K QAM capabilities.
- 5G FWA — 5G FWA deployments are rapidly on the rise globally. VANTIVA is demonstrating outdoor and indoor solutions that support 5G FWA connectivity to — and throughout — the home. VANTIVA’s 5G Omni Outdoor CPE is a device that consumers can easily install by themselves on an external wall or balcony and that is connected to an indoor router. It is an ideal solution to get the benefits of available C-band (around 3.5GHz) capacity. For homes that are less susceptible to signal attenuation through walls, VANTIVA has developed the Cobra 5G, an indoor device that integrates advanced Wi-Fi router technology.
- Navigate Application — VANTIVA’s Navigate application enables consumers to set-up and manage their home gateways and extenders from mobile phones and tablets. The Navigate app allows consumers to easily connect new extenders, monitor network performance, observe devices connected to their network, adjust advanced Wi-Fi settings to optimize wireless connectivity and establish device-specific rules for access and resource utilization in real time.
For subscribers of 5G FWA, VANTIVA has developed its Navigate 5G™ application to help consumers find the 5G reception sweet spot within their home, optimizing the set-up and orientation of FWA gateways to local 5G towers. The app allows consumers to test signal strength and speed, validating the quality of the 5G signal. This self-service capability contributes to accelerated adoption and installation of 5G FWA, enabling NSPs to focus technical and support resources on resolving non-routine issues.
- Augmented Fitness — Set-top boxes (STBs) are evolving from a single function (video delivery) device to a versatile multi-function platform that opens the door to a new generation of digital lifestyle experiences in the home. VANTIVA will demonstrate how its high-performance JADE set-top box incorporates bluetooth connectivity, allowing connected-home fitness enthusiasts to cycle the iconic roads of the Tour de France from the comfort of their homes using their TVs.
- Soundscape — VANTIVA’s award-winning STB, Soundscape, will be on display at CES 2023. Soundscape combines STB features, powered by Android TV 12 software, with eight JBL speakers, and 150 watts of rich sound powered by Dolby Atmos. Soundscape is a next generation offering that takes the entertainment experience – including video and gaming to the next level, complementing the stunning visual images offered by today’s TVs with immersive 3-D audio.
- Cloud Gaming — Cloud-based gaming is generating the need for high-performance processing power, graphics support and wireless connectivity. VANTIVA is demonstrating a new generation of CPE that delivers low latency, smooth animation and zero lag to support today’s immersive entertainment experiences offered by platforms such as Gamestream, Blacknut, Wiztivi, Airconsole and Gameloft.
- TV Analytics Solutions – VANTIVA and HERO Partner RealVNC will demonstrate next-generation analytics solutions and remote support capabilities for connected home subscribers. The RealVNC Connect TV solution that is integrated into VANTIVA’s CPE allows NSP customer service representatives and technicians to remotely view and manage Android TV-enabled devices without being on site. It is a quick, secure and cost-effective alternative to home visits, allowing NSPs to address the lion’s share of installation and support requirements in a contactless manner. VANTIVA’s additional offering, TV Analytics, enables operators to monitor and detect STB performance to proactively address customer issues and make adjustments that enhance the customer experience and provide more competitive and personalized services.
Visit VANTIVA in the Venetian Suites, booths 29-316 and 29-318.
Chief Marketing Officer